Position: Sky Room Café Staff
Part-time Café worker. ***WEEKEND NIGHTS A MUST***
Description: The café staff employee assists the Sky Room Café Manager ensuring the standards of excellence are met. Café staff are some of the first people patrons of the Cinema Arts Centre interact with. A Cafe Staff person must exhibit excellent customer service skills.
General Café staff responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Light cooking and preparing of meals for Cinema Arts Centre patrons.
- Operating our P.O.S System/registers.
- Opening and closing the café on week days and weekends
Make sure all patrons consistently receive friendly, helpful and fast customer service.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of upcoming events, the CAC Membership program, and additional ways to get involved.
- Answer guest questions courteously and accurately or quickly direct them to the appropriate resource.
- Work effectively with café manager and fellow café staff as one team.
- Clean and maintain the exterior and interior areas of the Sky Room Café.
- Assist fellow staff with other functions and perform other duties as directed by Café Manager.
- Food Service Experience.
- At least one year of experience in a customer service capacity and operating a Point of Sale system.
- Ability to multitask and maintain calm under pressure and when dealing with large crowds.
- Must be available to work late nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have use of a car for occasional business errands (reimbursement for car/gas use will be granted upon completion of mileage forms).
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs./popcorn kernel bags.
- Passion for the Cinema Arts Centre’s mission, to bring the best in cinematic artistry to Long Island.
Food Service Experience, vegetarian interest and a love of movies.
This is an hourly, part-time position paid based on experience. Employees who work 20 hours a week or more qualify for health insurance benefits.
How to apply:
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Café Staff” No phone calls.
Cinema Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.