Director of Marketing and Communications
Reporting to the Co-Directors, the Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the promotion of all special events and film openings, as well as the organization as a whole. The Director of Marketing and Communications also works closely with the Development Department to promote membership and fundraising initiatives, through multi-channel efforts including production of a monthly podcast and trailers to run on our four screens. The job requires knowledge of both traditional and new media, as well as outreach to local organizations and interest groups. Promotional methods include print and online film reviews, articles and features, radio interviews, television segments, ads, mass and targeted email outreach and multiple social media outlets.
This is a full-time position. Salary in the low to mid 40s, plus contribution toward health benefits.
- Regularly send press releases of all special events and film openings
- Field and respond to media inquiries generated by those releases
- Solicit articles, features and reviews in print, online, radio and TV
- Collaborate with local organizations for cross promotion opportunities
- Cultivate and maintain special interest email lists in order to generate direct email marketing
- Produce newsletters, brochures, direct marketing pieces and other printed material
- Produce monthly podcast in coordination with CAC’s Development Department
- Independently produce, or coordinate with in-kind partners to produce short promotional trailers to advertise CAC initiatives
- Solicit, arrange and organize media interviews (print, radio and TV) for special events and general stories about the organization
- Coordinate and oversee photo sessions for public relations and marketing purposes
- Coordinate handling of reviewers, including contacting them, securing comp tickets, and compiling press packets
- Oversee the archiving of all press clippings, video clips, radio tapes and photo library.
- Responsible for design and/or placement of ads
- Oversee website updates and work to optimize the CAC website
- Contribute to all social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Soundcloud)
- Experience working in publicity; non-profit arts organization experience is preferred
- Experience working with journalists and writers from major news publications
- Experience with Constant Contact or similar email marketing software
- Experience working with WordPress or similar web editor
- Experience growing a social media following
- Experience using basic sound and video software
- Knowledge of Long Island community organizations and interest groups
- A love of film
This is a full-time position. Salary in the low to mid 40s, plus contribution toward health benefits
Applicants should apply immediately. Immediate availability is helpful.
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter, and brief writing sample to this link: INDEED. No phone calls please.
The Cinema Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.
Position: Box Office Staff
Box Office Staff are the first people patrons of the Cinema Arts Centre interact with. A Box Office Staff person must exhibit excellent customer service skills. Box Office Staff serves as a representative of the non-profit Cinema Arts Centre which contributes meaningfully to the quality of life in our community. We are seeking an honest, responsible, mature and reliable Box Office Staff person to join our organization.
All staff may be considered for cross-training; some may be assigned duties in one or more areas at management discretion. General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Make certain customer service is friendly, helpful and fast.
- Complete ticket, membership and donation transactions by:
- Greeting each guest and identifying requested order.
- Reading a computer screen, operating a keyboard and dispensing manual tickets.
- Completing a credit card, Express Pass or Membership Benefit transaction or collecting cash and making accurate change.
- Thanking the guest.
- Ensure the security of all cash, receipts, membership cards, gift cards, and tickets.
- Assist in marketing of special events through word of mouth and keeping posters and flyers up to date and accessible.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of upcoming events, the CAC Membership program, and additional ways to get involved.
- Complete Membership and Donation transactions with use of appropriate data entry codes as directed by the Director and Associate Director of Development.
- Contribute to the success of our annual membership sale and annual campaign through suggestive selling, upselling and effectively demonstrating the opportunity to give philanthropically.
- Answer guest questions courteously and accurately or quickly direct them to the appropriate resource.
- Occasionally process orders received by mail and phone.
- Work effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Clean and maintain the exterior and interior areas of the theatre including auditoriums, restrooms, lobbies, concession areas, and box office areas.
- Frequently monitor auditoriums for picture and sound quality, temperature, lighting levels and audience behavior.
- Distribute, ensure proper working order of, and understand how to operate Assisted Movie-going Equipment.
- Assist fellow staff with other functions and perform other duties as directed.
- At least one year of experience in a customer service capacity and operating a Point of Sale system.
- Ability to multitask and maintain calm under pressure and when dealing with large crowds.
- Must be available to work late nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have use of a car for occasional business errands (reimbursement for car/gas use will be granted upon completion of mileage forms).
- Passion for the Cinema Arts Centre’s mission, to bring the best in cinematic artistry to Long Island.
A love of movies.
This is an hourly, part-time position starting at $12/hr. Employees who work 20 hours a week or more qualify for health insurance benefits.
How to apply:
Please send resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Box Office Staff.” No phone calls.
The Cinema Arts Centre accepts ongoing resumes for the following positions:
- Ability to work well and communicate clearly with a variety of people.
- Ability to stand for extended period of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Availability on weekends & holidays is a MUST. If you are not available on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays- your application will not be considered.
This is an hourly part-time position.
Please send resumes and three references to email@example.com. Please email with an attached resume in PDF or Word format, and indicate “Usher” in the subject line. NO PHONE CALLS
Cinema Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.