YES! I choose to make an unrestricted contribution to the Cinema Arts Centre, tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
The idea of expression and communication and understanding other cultures, those are all the values that make good, kind people. And I think that’s all we can hope to engender in this world.
The Cinema Arts Centre is a 501(c)3 not-for profit organization. The mission of the Cinema Arts Centre is to bring the best in cinematic artistry to Long Island, and use the power of film to expand the awareness and consciousness of our community.
Last year, the Cinema Arts Centre:
- Served over 2,000 public school students through our Film Arts in Education program
- Partnered with many local community and not-for-profit organizations to maximize impact on a wide variety of issues such as climate change, reproductive freedom, racial justice, prison reform, media literacy, ableism, the opioid crisis, income disparity, gender equality, and more!
- Presented over 300 special events, including 122 guest speakers, 93 musical performances, 48 films presented on 35mm, and special series such as Sky Room Talks, Comedy Night, Sensory Friendly
- Screenings, Out at the Movies, Cinema Preview Club, and more!
- Presented 60 documentaries
- Presented films from 55 different countries
We make a difference in our community by:
- Using the power of film to create empathy in a world where empathy is greatly needed
- Providing a venue for conversations and connections, serving as a true community center and what many of our members call their “home away from home”
- Generating approximately $7,000,000 in spending in our local economy through our role as an employer and our ability to attract visitors to our area
- Educating and mobilizing on important issues that are relevant to our members and patrons
Please download the Stock Transfer Form, and follow the instructions to formalize and execute your charitable gift, and please be sure to mail or email the completed information to the contact provided on the form.
How is our Capital Fund doing?
Thanks to your generous contributions to the One Dollar Campaign, through the purchase of Seat Plaques, and through gifts restricted for seats and screens, we have already replaced the screen in Theater Two. We will soon replace the screen in Theater One, and then our next big project will be seat replacement in Theaters One and Two.
You can make a contribution by CLICKING HERE. To restrict your gift for our screen replacement or seat replacement projects, please make a note when prompted. Otherwise, your gift will support all of our programs and activities.
Thanks to our generous donors:
Seat Plaque & Major Capital Supporters :
Timothy and Joyce Bowersox
Rosanne and Ed Braun
Jan Brenner & William Houck
The Brettschneider Family
David and Toby Gerber
Peter Gollon and Abby Pariser
Robert and Priscilla Hughes
Island Better Hearing; Lori Trentacoste
Hedda Marcus & Neil Checkman
Ross Moore & Sharon Jacka
Lauren Rankin and Gregg Girard
Ellen and David Reynolds
Thomas Roser & Georgine Dominique
Irwin and Judith Tantleff
Jacqueline Tordik & Jason Briggs
Frances and Harry Whittelsey